Manufacturer: Aventis pharma
What is generic Flagyl?
It’s a complete analog of the brand drug Flagyl which is produced by Pfizer. It’s an antibiotic, amebicide and antiprotozoal preparation used in the treatment of infections provoked by anaerobic and protozoa bacteria. The active ingredient of both medicines is metronidazole. As a rule, brand drugs are much more expensive than their analogs, so it’s near to impossible to find low Flagyl price in any offline pharmacy. A great option may be to order Flagyl online, it may help you save a bit of your money.
What are Flagyl uses?
Generic Flagyl as well as Flagyl is sold in the form of pills – 400mg and 200mg. It is indicated for the treatment of various infections including:
- genital tract infection such as endometritis, abscess of ovaries and Fallopian tubes, vagina fornix infections;
- pelvic area infections;
- intestines and stomach infections such as peritonitis, liver abscess, pseudomembranous colitis, gastritis or duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori;
- those caused by Bacteroides spp;
- infected pressure sores and leg ulcers;
- dental infections such as gum ulcers;
- in the prevention of surgical infections;
- those provoked by anaerobic bacteria (those that can survive even in the oxygen absence).
How should a patient take Flagyl?
First of all, you should follow the instructions provided by your physician very carefully. Do not change the dose or the treatment regimen on your own. It’s very important to undergo a full treatment course, do not stop the treatment until your doctor say so. The length of the therapy depends on the type of illness that you’re treating and your overall condition. The pills should be taken just after or during your meal. Do not crash or chew tablets, swallow them whole with some water. If you’re looking for a low Flagyl cost then order it from our site, we will be glad to meet your needs.
What possible side effects may generic Flagyl cause?
Stop taking the preparation and contact your therapist as soon as you can if you experience any of the listed below:
- hands, ankles, feet, face, lips or throat swelling, difficulties in breathing or swallowing;
- nettle rash or lumpy and itchy rash (hives);
- hallucinations, fever, headache, stiff neck, confusion or dizziness.
- jaundice (liver problem manifested in yellowing of the eyes and skin);
- unexpected infections, bruising, severe tiredness, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers;
- severe stomach ache;
- skin rash;
- feeling dizzy or sleepy;
- muscle and joint pain.
These symptoms are very rare but extremely dangerous, they indicate a brain damage called encephalopathy.
Other adverse reactions include:
Tell your physician if you have any of the described. For the full list of adverse reactions please refer to the Patient Information Leaflet or contact your pharmacist.
What are the contraindications to Flagyl administration?
Do not take generic Flagyl if you are pregnant or in case you think you may be pregnant, it’s contraindicated in breast-feeding as well as pregnant women unless it’s absolutely necessary. Drinking alcohol while undergoing the therapy may provoke some nasty side effects (nausea, vomiting, hot flushes, uneven and fast heartbeat, headache, stomach pain), thus it’s recommended to avoid alcohol including 48 hours after having finished the treatment. Also don’t use this preparation if you are allergic to metronidazole.
Where can I buy Flagyl?
You can buy Flagyl online or from your pharmacist. But cheap Flagyl price can be found only in online pharmacies. Order the drug online from our site and you’ll be able to appreciate not only the cheap Flagyl cost we offer, but also our bonus and discount system as well as great service team.